- The Information We Collect About You
- How We Use Your Information
- How We Share Your Information
- Third-Party Links
- Security Of My Personal Information
- What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use Of My Personal Information?
- Children Under 16
- Contact Us
- Changes To This Policy
EFFECTIVE DATE: October 21, 2022
If you reside in either the European Economic Area (“EEA”) or the United Kingdom (“UK”), please see our General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) privacy notice here
This Policy applies if you:
- Visit our Site; or
- Communicate with us through our Site.
By visiting the Site or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
The Information We Collect About You
We collect information about you directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Site or Services.
Information We Collect Directly From You.The information we collect from you depends on how you use our Services. You are responsible for the accuracy of any information you provide to us.
We, through our Services, may collect the following:
- Identifying and contact information, such as your name or contact information (telephone number, email address, or mailing address);
- Customer service information, any information you provide if you contact us directly.
The Site may collect the following:
- Domain name;
- Your web browser type, IP address and operating system;
- Web pages you view on the Site; links you click on the Site;
- The length of time you visit our Site and/or use our Services;
- The referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- Services: To provide our Services; to communicate with you about your use of our Services, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes; and to tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- Communications: To send you news, updates, marketing information, and newsletters about our Services.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf. These service providers may include, but are not limited to, technology service providers such as Google or Microsoft, administrative service providers, and payment processors.
We also disclose information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If (i) we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or (ii) if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain of your personal information with lenders, auditors, and third-party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregate, anonymized, or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, our business purposes, research, or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device’s hard drive through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and Services. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services. This allows us to process your online transactions and requests and verify your identity, after you have logged in, as you move through our Site and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser options to block them in the future on each device and each browser. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site and Services who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags and other technologies. Clear GIFs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your computer’s hard drive, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web and app pages. We may use clear GIFs (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs, or pixel tags), in connection with our Site and Services to, among other things, track the activities of Site visitors and app users, help us manage content, and compile statistics about Site usage. We and our third-party service providers also use clear GIFs in HTML emails to our customers, to help us track email response rates, identify when our emails are viewed, and track whether our emails are forwarded.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize web browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies).
Our Site and Services may contain links to third-party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such third-party websites.
Security Of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, compromise, corruption, unavailability, unauthorized access, authorization, alteration, disclosure, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use Of My Personal Information?
We may send periodic promotional emails to you if you send us your email address. You may opt-out of promotional emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email.
If you opt-out of receiving promotional emails, we may still send you emails about your account or any services you have requested or received from us.
Children Under 16
Our Services are not designed for children under 16. If we discover that a child under 16 has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems.
If you have questions about the privacy aspects of our Services or would like to make a complaint, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes To This Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices regarding the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to provide you with notice in advance of such change by highlighting the change on our Site.